Monday, January 29, 2018

Who's Your Daddy? - Facebook "friends" looking for a visa or a Sugar Daddy


I used to ignore "Friend Requests" on Facebook from strangers.  As an experiment, I started accepting nearly all of them. That apparently moved my profile a bit higher in the algorithm that determines Facebook's "People you may know" offering shown to others, and that triggered a lot more "Friend Requests." That seemed like a good thing until these people started hitting me up via Messenger.

It soon became apparent that many people are trolling Facebook for lonely old folks to "make friends" and then take advantage of their generosity, and sometimes gullibility. 

What follows are screen shots of the actual conversations, so you can see what they were asking for and how long it took them to get from "Hello" to "Send Money!" or "Help Me" etc.

"Johnson Vic" wants a sugar daddy:

"Johnson Vic" wants a sugar daddy

"Johnson Vic" wants a sugar daddy

Sugar Daddy


Mohily Soliman Soliman wants a visa:
Mohily Soliman Soliman

Mohily Soliman Soliman



Sugar Daddy

Kabugho Ellen Dora wants help finding a job in the US:

Kabugho Ellen Dora wants help finding a job in the US 






Kabugho Ellen Dora wants help finding a job in the US

Sugar Daddy

Mason Jessica (Why not Jessica Mason?) wants me to buy her an iTunes card

Mason Jessica (Why not Jessica Mason?) wants me to buy her an iTunes card 


Mason Jessica (Why not Jessica Mason?) wants me to buy her an iTunes card 

Sugar Daddy

Niel Amina wants to meet someone on Facebook who will like her enough to pay her way to the US:

Niel Amina wants to meet someone on Facebook who will like her enough to pay her way to the US
Niel Amina wants to meet someone on Facebook who will like her enough to pay her way to the US

Niel Amina wants to meet someone on Facebook who will like her enough to pay her way to the US

Sugar Daddy


Venus Asinero wants a "friend" to help her move to America:

Venus Asinero wants a "friend" to help her move to America
Venus Asinero wants a "friend" to help her move to America



Venus Asinero wants a "friend" to help her move to America

Sugar Daddy


Apostle Emmanuel Bashimimana wants me to be his mentor:



Apostle Emmanuel Bashimimana wants me to be his mentor Sugar Daddy

William Kuboja wants me to bring him to America so he can work as my housekeeper:
William Kuboja wants me to bring him to America so he can work as my housekeeper 
William Kuboja wants me to bring him to America so he can work as my housekeeper 

Sugar Daddy 

Sarah Turkson didn't bother with the usual pleasantries and got right to the point - Send Money!

Sarah Turkson didn't bother with the usual pleasantries and got right to the point - Send Money! 
Sugar Daddy 


Priscilla Sweetz told me some "good news."
Apparently a government agency has teamed up with Publisher's Clearing House to give away free money!
Priscilla Sweetz told me some "good news

 

Sugar Daddy

Sometimes the same photos are used for multiple profiles:

Sometimes the same photos are used for multiple profiles





Sometimes the same photos are used for multiple profiles

Duplicate image

Sugar Daddy

Here are some tips for those who are trolling Facebook for a Sugar Daddy:
 
1. Spend some time on your profile. You need more than a couple of sexy pictures. Don't expect anyone but desperate men to respond to an empty or nearly empty profile. And don't post a picture of yourself looking like a skank. You may indeed have a great ass -- assuming it's even your picture, but what does it say about you when this is the image you select as your public face?
 
Facebook Skanks

2. Spend some time reading the profiles of people before you contact them. Conversations I've had with these people almost always followed the same pattern:
How are you?
I'm Fine?
What's your name?
Ken
Where do you live?
San Diego, California
What do you do for a living?
I'm a writer.
(Then they try to solicit me for something) These are all things that they could have read on my profile before contacting me and it would have shown that they had at least some real interest in me as a person.


For what it's worth, everyone I've corresponded with has been nice and even cheerful. Some were more persistent than others in not taking "No" for an answer. Of course they all have their individual motives for what they're doing and it's not necessarily a bad thing either, depending on circumstances. But it's easy to see how seductive it might be for lonely folks desperate for some kind of connection.
 
 
🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻

No comments:

Post a Comment